I know this is a tad late, but I wanted to offer some things I saw on Saturday.
- Congrats to Arron Murray for setting the new SEC TD record. It’s a shame that fans hammered him all these years and I think we will realize how special he really was once he is gone.
- That 23 yard run he had to keep the drive alive was Freshmen year Murray. The kid still has some legs.
- I am a little disappointed with the jumbo-tron people this year. Time and time again they have missed opportunities to energize the crowd and after Murray set the record they put the McDonald’s game up on the screen…that’s pretty sad.
- The Herrera fumble call was terrible.
- After this year that targeting call will get another look at. That play was pretty much a bang bang play, but how do we know if Moore was intentionally trying to hurt the WR?
- Glad to see Hutson come into the game and complete some passes. I think he was a perfect 6 for 6 on the first drive. Yes it was against App State, but it looked like he knew the system well and was making his reads. I loved that he hooked up on a couple of deep passes too.
I know a lot of people are going to point and say UGA played a terrible first half, but this year the team is a tale of two halves. Also the final score was still 45-6 with a lot of our back ups in.